City Council meetings are held at 6:00 pm on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month.
There are four district meetings each year and one annual town hall meeting.
TV Broadcast on SCGTV
- Mondays at 9:00 am
- Thursdays at 1:00 pm
- Fridays at 6:00 pm
The Cocoa City Council
The Cocoa City Council is the legislative body for the City of Cocoa. The City Charter outlines the specific duties and powers of the City Council.
What Your City Council Does
- Establishes laws and policies to protect the health, safety, and general welfare of Cocoa residents
- Exercises its legislative powers
- Adopts local laws called ordinances and resolutions to establish policies and programs
- Provides public services and facilities for the City of Cocoa
- Considers major problems facing local government
- Guides the growth and development of the City in a manner that is consistent with the public interest
Scheduled Public Hearings
The public has the right to address the Council about items scheduled and advertised for public hearings.The Mayor will open the meeting for public comment prior to taking action on public hearing matters.
Addressing the Council
Persons desiring to address the Council are asked to fill out a Delegations Speaker's Card, located outside the City Council Chambers, and to give the card to the City Clerk at the dais prior to the Delegations portion of the agenda. Residents or taxpayers may speak on any subject of general or public interest.
Persons desiring to address the Council are called forward to the podium and asked to state their names and addresses for the record.A five-minute time period is imposed on all speakers.All questions directed to members of the Council must be addressed through the Mayor.
Personal, impertinent, or slanderous remarks are not permitted.
Persons are advised that if they decide to appeal any decision made at the meeting or hearing, they may need a record of the proceedings. If so, the individual should make provision for a transcript to be made at the meeting. (Florida Statutes, Section 286.0105)
Back to Top