Steps to Obtain Reclaimed Water Service
- Verify that property supports reclaim service by completing and submitting the Reclaim Water Service Interest Form or call our Water Customer Service Division at 321-433-8400 to submit an inquiry. This process may take 7-10 business days and include an inspection of your water meter to verify the appropriate equipment is installed.
- Once service and equipment are verified, you will be contacted by the Water Customer Service Division and provided or asked to complete Reclaim Water Service Application and review the Orientation Packet, with fee schedule and payment information.
- Once the application is returned and payment or deposit is received, the City of Cocoa Utilities Department will install appropriate equipment (if necessary).
- Installation of a backflow preventer requires an interruption in water service. A City representative will contact the customer within 7-10 business days to schedule a time for work to be performed. Installation is dependent on customer availability.
- If a reclaim meter installation is available, customer will be required to mark preferred location with stake which is available for pick-up at City Hall security desk. The installation team will do their best to install the meter as close to the stake as the system and environment allow. This process can take 7-10 business days.
- After successful installation of the City equipment, the customer can now install the irrigation system or equipment of their choice. The City of Cocoa is not responsible for purchase, installation or maintenance of any irrigation system or equipment on the customer's property beyond the reclaim meter.
- After the irrigation system or customer-owned equipment has been installed, the customer should notify the Water Customer Service division to request the reclaim meter be turned on. This process can take 5-7 business days.
- After the request is processed, the Environmental Control Coordinator will turn on the meter and perform an inspection of the property and system. If adjustments are needed, the reclaim meter will remain unlocked for up to 24 hours for the customer to make adjustments to the irrigation system. Upon successful inspection, the proper tags and signage are placed at the property and customer can use the meter per the reclaim system guidelines.