Residential Yard Waste Collection
Residential Service Dates
Some residential customers will see new service dates beginning October 1, 2021. Type your address in to our interactive service date map to see the service dates for your residence. Multi-family and commercial units are not included in this map.
Change to Residential Bulk Yard Waste Collection Process
In 2021, with the new waste service contract, there was a change to the process of collecting bulk yard waste inside the City limits of Cocoa. Previously, residents called Waste Management to request this service. The new contract requires residential yard waste customers to contact the City of Cocoa Public Works to make this request. City staff will then route this request through Waste Management to schedule a yard waste pick-up. For bulk yard waste pick-up, call the City of Cocoa Public Works Department at (321) 433-8770 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bulk yard waste is the yard waste that will not fit inside your Waste Management provided yard waste container and which is over 3 cubic yards (or about the size of a picnic table). Yard waste should not be mixed with fences or bagged or it will not be collected. Please read our Waste Collection FAQs if you have any unanswered questions.
Small, loose yard waste can be placed inside your yard waste container and put out on your curb on your regularly scheduled yard waste pick-up date. If your yard waste does not fit inside your provided yard waste container and is over 3 cubic yards or approximately the size of a picnic table, residents MUST contact the City of Cocoa Public Works to request pick-up by calling (321) 433-8770 or sending an email to email@example.com. City staff will then route this request through Waste Management to schedule a yard waste pick-up within 10 business days from the day the request was received. Yard waste should not be mixed with fences or bagged.
Bulk Residential Yard Waste Pick-up Request:
- Call (321) 433-8770 or
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other waste inquiries, please contact Waste Management at (321) 636-6894 or visit the Waste Management website. This will include missed pick-ups, commercial yard waste, all other bulk pick-ups, recycling, etc.
- When is my garbage collected?
- Who do I call if my garbage or recycling collection was missed?
- Can my landscaping company leave the yard waste at my curb for pick-up?
- How is yard waste collected?
- Should I bag my yard waste?
- What if I have more yard waste than what fits in my can?
- What is included in my solid waste service?
- When should I place my garbage container at the curb?
- What items cannot be picked up?
- Do you collect on holidays?
- What goes in my Recycle Container?
- Why did my service day change?
- Why am I getting billed on my tax bill and water bill for trash services?
- Why is my waste collection fee increasing?
- Where should I place my cart at the curb?