Cocoa Village Public Street Art Project
The Cocoa Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) has approved a public street art project for the intersection of Oleander Street and Brevard Avenue directly in front of the Historic Cocoa Village Playhouse where they are seeking public design submissions. The selected design will be printed on a thermoplast product that will be installed on the asphalt and displayed for years to come in front of the Playhouse. The City of Cocoa used the same type of product on the crosswalk that was designed in front of Endeavour Elementary School. The Cocoa CRA will select the design from the submissions based on the criteria listed.
- The design cannot exceed 24’x17’
- Design submission must express the historic nature and character of the Village and the Historic Cocoa Village Playhouse
- There can be no words used in the art submission (signature of artist will be permitted with size and placement of signature determined by the CRA board)
- Design submission must be in the theme of the performing arts to tie into the Historic Cocoa Village Playhouse
- The colors of the design must be Cordova Burgundy (0116), Romantic Night (1138) with gold metallic and black and white accents
- It would be preferred that the piece be submitted electronically (pdf or eps file preferred) in a 1:1 scale but it can be converted if needed.
How to Submit
Designs must be submitted online by clicking the submission form button below:
no later than
July 16, 2021
Selected Design Submission
The design submissions will be posted online for the public to give input from July 21-28, 2021. The public’s choice will be presented to the Cocoa CRA at the August 2, 2021 CRA meeting along with all other submissions and the Board will then select their favorite submission. The design chosen by the CRA will then be printed on the thermoplast material and installed in the intersection.