Mayors' Fitness Challenge
CLICK HERE TO LOG YOUR HEALTHY FITNESS ACTIVITY FOR THE WEEK. Weeks are from Saturday through Friday and need to be logged by that next Wednesday at midnight.
Health First 2018 Mayors’ Fitness Challenge
Twelve mayors in Brevard County, including Cocoa Mayor Henry Parrish, are challenging their citizens to get involved in a healthy competition. The FREE 12-week challenge will track the minutes of participants’ healthy activities. The municipality reporting the most minutes of physical activity will be named “Most Fit City.”
Help the City of Cocoa win the title this year!
About the Challenge:
Twelve mayors in Brevard County are challenging their citizens to get involved in a friendly competition to determine who will earn the title of Most Fit City 2018. The participating municipalities are:
- City of Cape Canaveral
- Cocoa Beach
- Indian Harbor Beach
- Palm Bay
- Satellite Beach
- West Melbourne
The municipality whose team reports the most minutes of physical activity will be the winner of the competition.
Registration is a easy as one click - HERE
Registration opens December 15, 2017. Registration is on-going; you can join at any point throughout the challenge.
To receive a t-shirt or participate in the Great Weight-Off, you must register by January 15, 2018.
Need help registering or know someone who wants to register, but does not have a computer?
E-mail: Kathy Frederick
Phone: (321) 433-8737
How the Challenge Works:
The challenge begins with a kickoff event on Saturday, February 03, 2018 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Join fellow participants in one of four community walks hosted by local Mayors to kick off the 2018 Health First Mayor's Fitness Challenge. Wear your t-shirt and show your community pride!
These events will be the last chance for the Great Weight-Off Competition.
Gleason Park 5K Walk
1233 Yacht Club Blvd., Indian Harbour Beach, FL
Riverview Park 3K Walk
2301 Irwin St, Melbourne
Palm Bay 5K Walk
Begins at Harris Corporation
1395 Troutman Blvd. NE, Palm Bay
Xeriscape Park 5K Walk
104 Taylor Ave, Cape Canaveral, FL
Feb 3 – Apr 28, 2018 — The challenge is on!
All participants in the Mayors' Fitness Challenge start moving and shaking. The winning team will be chosen based on the following:
I. The city who has the largest percentage of their community join the challenge.
II. Active minute points
- The average number of active minutes per municipality is calculated and converted to points.
- Minutes are capped at 1,800 per person, per week. (That’s 30 active hours a week per person.)
III. Participation points
- Each four-week period, participation levels are calculated and points are awarded accordingly.
- 70 – 100% participation = 400 points
- 60 – 69% participation = 300 points
- 50 – 59% participation = 200 points
IV. Registration points
- Points are also awarded for hitting registration milestones that include having a specific number of children under 15 registered, the number of Great Weight-Off registrants and partnerships with local businesses or schools.
V. Special event points
- The City will earn extra points for planning special events related to health and mobility, such as the kickoff event on February 3, 2018. Additional points are awarded each time more than 50 people participate.