Tuesday, April 19, 2016 10:38 AM
Detectives with the Criminal Investigations Division have released the identities of the victim and suspect involved in Monday’s murder-suicide. The male victim is identified as Adrian Lamar Hudson, 37. He was shot multiple times and was found deceased in his mother’s home on South Georgia Avenue where he also lived. The female suspect is identified as Aurora Marie Hudson, 35. She was found deceased from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

On Monday at 5:17 p.m. patrol officers responded to the 700-block of South Georgia Avenue after receiving several 9-1-1 calls reporting a shooting. When officers arrived they found Mr. Hudson inside the home with multiple gunshot wounds. He was pronounced deceased on scene. A short time later Officer George Menendez saw the suspect vehicle in the area of Washington Avenue and Pomolo Street. Officer Menendez witnessed a male passenger exit the vehicle when the female driver sped off. The officer initiated an attempt to stop the vehicle which continued to flee with the officer in pursuit. The driver, identified as Aurora Hudson continued a route that ended at Lee Wenner Park at the northern river bank. As Officer Menendez attempted to get the female driver to exit the vehicle he heard a gunshot. The vehicle then began to roll into the water. Officers with assistance from Brevard County Sheriff’s deputies pulled the woman out of the vehicle and determined she was deceased due to a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

The investigation revealed Ms. Hudson went to the home on S. Georgia Avenue with her two daughters, ages 7 and 10. According to witnesses she argued with her estranged husband and shot him several times. According to witnesses one of the children said Hudson put the gun to the child’s head. The two girls ran across the street to a neighbor’s home for help. Ms. Hudson confronted the neighbor demanding she surrender the children. The neighbor refused and Hudson fled in her vehicle. She then went to Rockledge High School to pick up her oldest son whom she later dropped off near the scene. “She was in tears telling her son what she had done,” said Detective Branda Marchica. “She dropped him off and told him she was not going to prison.”

There is no documented history of domestic violence between the couple, however detectives learned there were unreported physical and verbal disputes between the couple since they had separated. According to witnesses Ms. Hudson was attempting to reconcile the marriage.