Officer Chris Bradshaw
He was hired by the department in 2000, he is currently assigned to:
- Cocoa Police Department's D.U.I.
- S.T.E.P Unit
- Brevard County D.U.I. Task Force
- D.U.I. & S.T.E.P. Units
- Officer Bradshaw was instrumental in creating the D.U.I. / S.T.E.P. unit.
- Chris researched, complied data from Federal and Florida D.O.T., Brevard County Clerk of the Court office, and other agencies. He then wrote and received a Florida DOT grant for over $96,000.
- Traffic Policies and Traffic Homicide Manuals
- Officer Bradshaw recently completed re-writing the department's traffic policies and developing the new Traffic Homicide Policy and manual.
- K-9 Unit
- Officer Bradshaw is active with the Cocoa Police Department's K-9 Unit. He assists in conducting K-9 exhibitions and acts as the decoy during K-9 certifications and routine training exercises. Lead K-9 Officer Brian Delos Santos (2001 Officer of the Year) and Officer Bradshaw recently created a K-9 operations training program for new and veteran officers.
In 2004, Officer Bradshaw worked 1,877 calls for service and assisted in over 2,500 calls. In addition, Chris made 107 arrests, many of which resulted in multiple charges being filed. These included suspension or revocations of the license of impaired drivers, as well as confiscation of significant amounts of illegal drugs.
Officers can call on Chris at any time of the day or night and administrative staff can always count on Chris to provide insight and practical solutions to any task in his areas of expertise
For saving the life of Ruby Ann Jones of Cocoa, Officer Bradshaw was awarded the lifesaving ribbon.
Officer Bradshaw's leadership and dedication to this department are apparent to all who know him. Please join the members of the Cocoa Police Department in congratulating Officer Chris Bradshaw, officer of the year, 2004!