Operation "Echo Offender" Targets Repeat Offenders
Thursday, January 5, 2017 1:30 p.m.
Patrol officers, detectives and agents from the Cocoa Police Department and members from the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office Game Over Task Force conducted joint operations on Wednesday in an effort to reduce criminal activity in portions of the city. Operation “Echo Offender” yielded thirteen suspects for charges ranging from burglary and theft to drugs and outstanding warrants. “We are taking this proactive and aggressive approach to disrupt the criminal activity,” said Chief Mike Cantaloupe. “This is an issue we take very seriously and we are strategizing with other agencies to enforce strict consequence for crimes committed in our jurisdictions.”
Some of the suspects arrested in Wednesday’s operations were juveniles wanted for various felony crimes. The proactive operations have been ongoing and random for several months and will continue indefinitely. “There needs to be tough sentences for these offenders, including juveniles,” Chief Cantaloupe added. “Our joint enforcement efforts will continue for as long as it takes.”
The suspects and charges resulting from Wednesday’s operations are as follows:
• Jason Lamar Davis, (DOB 11/20/1997), Battery LEO, Resisting, Violation of Probation
• Jamarian Deshaud Moreland, (DOB 07/29/1997), Aggravated Fleeing/Elude, Resisting, No Florida Driver’s License
• Darius Jordan, (DOB 01/02/1994), Obstruction by disguised person, Warrant AC
• Jill Theresa Green, (DOB 05/15/1978), Possession of drug paraphernalia
• Jarrell Bookhart, (DOB 03/25/1985), Felony DWLS with knowledge, Violation of Probation
• Steven Richard Sommers, (DOB 07/23/1968), Possession of Heroin, Possession of drug paraphernalia
• Jason Lee Buie, (DOB 12/28/1972), Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, Possession of marijuana <20g, Possession of drug paraphernalia
• Two unidentified juveniles arrested by Game Over agents. Charges not currently known.